Thursday, June 4, 2009


Well this has been a wild week for sure but has been full of lots of great tasks and challenges. I have been blessed with the great diversity of getting to shoot everything from a gentleman that is a hospice patient to a newborn this week and several ages in between. Diversity like that tends to leave you very humble...speaking of humble last night was the night I should have had my camera with me. I didnt have a setting last evening so I decieded to drive to Canadian to get some grass hay. This was the perfect night in every way, nice temp, nice breeze and life just going as it should. I stopped at a great little place to eat. I set up on the second story balconey and just enjoyed the dinner and the evening. Headed back to Perryton the sunset really was better even then normal. Then the deer ran out in front of me.... Well I was pulling a trailer full of hay and it would have been really bad to swerve so ... I did'nt and the front end of the truck is not what it use to be. I knew I had a major problem when I had smoke billowing up even before I could get shut down and pulled over... and sure enough it had put a fan through the radiator.
I knew it could not be driven so I called a wrecker and a friend... Thanks again Brad and Kim for bringing me the Mountioneer so I could pull the trailer back to Perryton... and the rest is history...Guess we find out how good insurance is today... but today is a really fun day in photography so that will keep my mind busy, starting off this morning I have 5 children at 11am this morning youngest is 3 months and oldest is 4.... lol now this might be a lot like herdin kittins, but you know its going to be fun and include a lot of laughter....Take care and watch out for that doe in the headlight look!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh no!!!!!!!!! That beautiful pick-up :-( I am glad you didn't swerve and you are OK. These recent wrecks are so scary - automobiles are replaceable, people I love aren't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I didnt want to tell you on the phone because I knew you would be all upset.... but everyone but the deer is great....Thank God Joe Anderson, Gordon's Dad, was right behind us and he jumped out of his pickup and you know he is just such a cool calm personality and just instantly I was calmed down and he just said ok what are you gonna do.... and it made me stop and say...Call Brad Herring to come get me and call a tow truck....good friends they sure make life smoother....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure am glad you are safe and sound :)
    Hope all goes well with insurance company. But most of all, GLAD you are safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, after looking at the date really didn't realize it was almost a month ago. I have seen you several times.....it's good I newbie finally figured out how to get on your blog site. :(

    ReplyDelete